Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Who the heck am I ?!?



I can give you statements of things I like, things I've done, people I talk to, etc. But can I really tell you who I am?

Tracey Pike, an amazing speaker/teacher on purity and Christian sex education, had all of the attendants at her lecture during awestruck make a list. On a half sheet of paper were ten blank lines that we were told to write down some qualities we would desire in a spouse. After a few minutes she had a handful of people share some and then proceeded to tell us he or she is out there. There is a spouse out there, set aside for us by God, that has all ten qualities we are looking for. You know what? She's right. How awesome is that? God, the insanely awesome, indescribable Lord set aside a guy just for me. But then she said this. "Now that you know what you spouse, be that person." Holy poop.

Be that person?

What? Now wait a minute...you're telling me I'm supposed to come up with the description of a 'perfect' (for lack of a better term) person, and then be them? I guess that's only fair, but IMPOSSIBLE.

Then I realized this: God, the insanely awesome, indescribable Lord set me aside for someone else. That's pretty rad.

So yeah. I do have to be that person. And that will help me a lot. I want to be the girl that is wrapped up in God, a boy must seek God to find me. I've heard that quote before and I love it. I'm not very good at the wrapping-up-in-God part but I'm working on it. I'm relearning Jesus right now. [[check out Matthew Paul Turner's Relearning Jesus]]. I'm taking a step back, (actually a whole lot of steps back) and starting over.

I move into my dorm in 29 days. I will have to make new friends, take new classes, learn the ways of a new town, find a new church...
new new new new new! Everything will be new. Why not me?

I'm starting over. God and I had a meeting and I think it was decided it's a good idea. I don't care so much who I am. My name is a name. I'm sure there are plenty of other Christina's out there.

It's more about what I am.

I am a Christian.
God's little girl and proud of it.
I am a college student who doesn't party.
A girl who doesn't put out.
I am a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a sinner.
I am forgiven.
I am new, every single day.
I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment