Tuesday, June 23, 2009

People come together in some strange ways

Come together, right now, over me.
-The Beatles

-Clapping sequences:
(i.e. when you hear "everybody clap your hands' people automatically clap to that song)

-Sirens:
when everyone moves out of the way for emergency vehicles;
or when everyone goes outside and looks up when the tornado sirens go off.

-Red lights and stop signs:
when traffic lights go out, and all 4 sides are flashing red, people
tend to take turns like a typical 4-way stop. It always amazes me.
You meet so many people who break the rules on various things,
but when it comes down to it, people are pretty rad about being considerate.

-Voting:
A lot of people vote. Or they vote just to be against someone.
Either way, it's a fairly popular thing to do.

-Television:
M*A*S*H who's finale is the most watched television
show in the history of U.S. television-it had over 105 million viewers.


And a multitude of other ways:
Holidays
Church
Radio-you and some guy from a state over could be singing the same tune at the same time.
Blogs

And the list goes on.


I realized how seldom I talk to the people around me.
I think I'm going to start saying hello more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment